The Legal Profession Admission Board (LPAB) is responsible for:
• determining the eligibility and suitability of people seeking to be admitted as a lawyer in NSW
• accrediting academic law courses and practical legal training courses in NSW
• registering, enrolling and examining students in the Board's Diploma in Law course
• appointing public notaries in NSW, and
• maintaining the Roll of Lawyers and the Roll of Public Notaries in NSW.
The LPAB is a self-funding statutory corporation constituted by the Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014. It is supported in the exercise of its functions by a number of Committees and Sub-Committees, as shown in the chart below.